Fear is created by lack of knowledge and understanding. Don’t be scared.
In 2006 I collapsed. Shortly afterwards I was told that I had only two weeks to live.
Over ten years later I am still here, not only surviving but thriving!
I’m Roland Chesters, founder of Luminate, and I live with HIV and dyspraxia, a neurological disability as a result of progressive multifocal leukoencephalytis, which was my AIDS-defining illness. There was a time when I saw no future for myself, I was at rock bottom and I thought I was going to die. But through sheer grit, determination and a fierce desire to live I went against the odds to go on to live a happy and fulfilling life.
I am here to help you, because no matter how difficult your situation is, you can overcome it. You CAN find the strength to carry on and I will show you how. I use the knowledge I have gained on my journey, both personally and professionally, to help individuals and businesses move forward.
It is my deepest wish to improve the lives of those with a disability and assist those who work with the disabled, and as a result, Luminate was born.
- Finalist in the 2019 National Diversity Awards as a Role Model for Disability
- Best Personal & Professional Coaching Company – South England / Disability & Inclusion Consultant of the Year– Greater London, 2017 HR& Training Awards, CV Magazine
- Trustee of Disability Rights UK
- Vice Chair of the National Long Term Survivors Group
- Special Advisor on HIV and AIDs to the Business Disability Forum
- Sexual Health and Outreach Trainer for the Terrence Higgins Trust
- Coach for the Foreign and Commonwealth office
- Chair of the Disabled Staff Association for UK government
- Community Champion for Scope
- Expert Patient
- Advisory Friend to the Institute of Equality & Diversity Practitioners
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Member of the Chartered Institute of Management and Associate Member of the CIPD, the Association for Coaching and the Institute of Equality and Diversity Practitioners.
Contact me on 07752 518 925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about how I can help you with Coaching, Consultancy, Training workshops and Motivational speaking.
“You have been one of the few people that I believe genuinely want to improve things for those with a disability. Thanks for your work to promote a more sensible response to disability.”
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.Maya Angelou